All of us would like to live a happy, healthy and a stress-free life. Stress is the root cause of various lifestyle diseases like Thyroid, Blood Pressure, and Cancer as well. But, being happy at heart protects you from the stresses of life.
Happiness is everywhere. If you think positively, you’ll even find life even in a stone. Choose to be happy. Thinking/ saying I am Happy, I am Happy a number of times, will end up making you happy.
But, if you say, I m having a bad day, I am having a bad day..you’ll end up with some really negative thoughts!
There are several ways by which you can feel happiness:
- Be grateful
- Manage your time
- Thank others
- Thank God
- Laugh, laugh and enjoy Life (My husband intentionally laughs out damn weirdly just to make me giggle out loud) 🙂
- Speak your heart out
- Avoid exposure to negative elements
- Feel alive
- Focus on your breath
- Read less of Newspapers (Starting your day with some negative news may hamper your day)
Talking to yourself is a very crucial part of our life which most of us don’t do. Introspecting, asking yourself why I am here, What made me Happy today will double up the joy of your life.
To live a happy life, one must take out some time out of their busy schedule and should spend at least 10-15 minutes with yourself asking the following questions.
- Who am I?
- What is the purpose of my Life?
- What makes me Happy?
- When I was 5, What was my answer to “What’s your goal in Life”?
- What are my hobbies?
- Am I really passionate about my hobbies?
- Am I following my hobby or working for money?
- What gives me Inner-Peace?
- What do I want to learn?
- Who do I admire the most?
- What are my strengths & weaknesses?
- Were there any challenges I have faced in my Life? If yes, What were those?
- How strong am I?
- I have one life. What shall I do for the society?
- Money/Love. What will I choose?
- What’s that darkest secret of my Life?
- What would my perfect day be like?
- If I met a Genie, what 3 wishes would I ask for?
- Where am I? Do I deserve to be here?
- Do I realize what bad I have done to others?
- How lucky I am?
- What makes me cry?
- What makes me cry with Joy?
- If I would like to contribute to Charity, what would it be?
- Do I know that I am really at a better place than other people who are struggling for their Life at Hospital Beds?
- Am I spiritual?
- Do I believe in God?
- If today is my last day, what will I like to achieve?
- If 6 months down the line, I am going to die, what will I like to achieve?
- When I die, what will I leave for the world behind?
Keep asking these questions until you find an answer! The answers are already there within you.
One should always live a life of purpose. You’ll find the purpose of your life within the above questions and then passionately live for it!
Remember, everyone has their own cross to carry; someone’s heavier than yours and someone’s lighter, yet has a cross!
Article Credits: Janvee Garg | Founder | LivePeppy