Now that you’re pregnant, you must have to increase the nutritional intake. You must carefully plan to ensure the required amount of vitamins, iron, minerals, calories and protein needs are fulfilled appropriately.
You can surely give your baby in the womb a nutritious jump-start.
Consider the following daily vegetarian diet plan for ideas and inspiration.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal with maple syrup
- 1 slice whole-wheat toast with fruit spread
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1/2 cup calcium and vitamin D fortified orange juice
- 1/2 whole wheat bagel with margarine
- Veggie burger on whole wheat bun with mustard and catsup
- 1 cup steamed collard greens
- Medium apple
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup ready-to-eat cereal with 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup tofu stir-fried with 1 cup vegetables
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Medium orange
- Whole-grain crackers with 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 4 ounces apple juice
If you are suffering from morning sickness, try eating low-fat, but high carbohydrate nutrient-dense foods. Such food items are digested quickly, causing less time in the stomach to feel uneasy. Eat less, but more frequently.
Make sure to stay hydrated. Have juice, water, soy milk if you don’t prefer to eat solid food. If you feel uncomfortable to eat/drink the appropriate amount of fluids/food for 1 day or more, immediately get in touch with your healthcare provider.
Article Credits: Janvee Garg | Chief Editor | LivePeppy