For people who can’t drag themselves off their bed early morning or their eyes won’t open until a shot of caffeine, life is pretty difficult. Especially if you have places to go, children to drop off at school and an important meeting to attend. You must look groomed yet you’re running out of time. Frantically you wash your face, realizing that you have no time for your hair. You attempt to put on some makeup and run out of the door wishing you looked a little more professional and not like a disheveled hen.
You vow to get out of bed a little early next morning but realize at the same time that this will be a losing battle. If this picture makes you sigh and shake your head, then these beauty hacks will be lifesavers for your daily routine.
So continue reading and you can thank me later.
Dry shampoo is our best friend:
First of all, I would recommend washing and blow drying your hair before you sleep at night. This will ensure that your hair is clean and fresh smelling in the morning. Hair is also a little easier to handle if it has been washed a little beforehand. But if you had a busy evening, worry not. Dry shampoo is a lifesaver, just spray some in your roots and massage it in. It will give you that freshly washed feeling. Dry shampoo saves your hair from that greasy, oily look which we all hate.
Your lipstick is multi-purpose:
If you woke up late, and have no time to put on matching makeup, you can use your lipstick as a cream blush.
- Using your finger on the apples of your cheeks, apply and blend the same shade of lipstick you used on your lips.
- With a little mascara and a dab of highlighter on your face, you are good to go.
Say no to clumpy mascara:
Mascara that forms clumps on your eyelashes is seriously annoying. The clumps smudge your upper eye as well. This spoils the whole eye makeup resulting in annoyance and precious time wasted.
- First of all, use fresh mascara and don’t cake it on too much to avoid the clumps.
- Secondly, if you do end up with clumps, don’t use a tissue or wipe, this will be a total disaster.
- Use a clean, new toothbrush with soft bristles to brush out your lashes and the clumps will be gone in a second.
Facial masks are lifesavers:
Your skin needs to feel fresh and moisturized for you to feel good about yourself. Dull, peeling and un-hydrated skin is seriously detrimental to self-esteem. However, instead of moisturizing creams and facials that take up a lot of time, you can use a good quality overnight facial mask. This will do the same job while you sleep.
- Apply a good amount of any high quality branded facial mask on your skin and face.
- Let it dry and go to sleep.
- Peel it off in the morning and you will end up with baby soft skin and a glow which will make your day.
Blow dry your hair:
Always remember to blow dry your hair, even if for a couple of minutes. This will make your hair more manageable throughout the day.
- For easy curls, just braid your hair tightly and run an iron over your braid. This will give you smooth waves and make your face look fuller and prettier. Plus, it’s a very time-saving technique.
- For straight bangs, just wash and condition your bangs, then iron them with a flat iron. You will look very chic even if the rest of your hair is pulled back in a bun.
So, these beauty hacks will ensure that you look groomed and chic, even when you don’t have much time. Now you don’t have any excuse for going out of the house looking harried and worn. Your hair doesn’t need to be unwashed. Your skin can stay smooth and supple without much effort. So rock your new look with these time-saving hacks.
Article Credits: Javeriah Hameed | Karachi | Pakistan